New from FIELD
Building a Sustainable Business Model. Our three-part videocast explores the business model for offering a secured credit card with coaching.
FIELD receives funding from Sam’s Club Giving Program to support research on platforms in the microenterprise field and its microTracker data platform. Read the press release.
MicroTracker (MT) is a set of data tools and services that empowers microenterprise development organizations (MDOs) to assess and improve their performance and communicate the value of their work to funders. MT also helps stakeholders understand the U.S. microenterprise industry.
Data collection and analysis services that provide critical insights and assist MDOs to collect and use high-quality, rigorous data.
Standardized metrics that allow users to track and compare MDO activities, effectiveness, and client outcomes—over time, to relevant industry peers, to other MDOs in a state, or to the industry as a whole.
A nationwide data base on the activities, scale, effectiveness, and outcomes of U.S. MDOs—housed at microTracker.org and accompanied by robust analysis tools.
FIELD’s leadership development program works with emerging leaders to build the leadership practices and skills needed to drive innovation and change in the microbusiness development field. Applications are accepted in the fall for selection into classes that begin in January. In the meantime, learn more about the ELM² program.
- Small business lender, LiftFund, is profiled on NerdWallet featuring FIELD data.
May 12, 2015
- FIELD statistics cited in New York Times article on microfinance titled "A Hand Up: In the U.S., microfinance gives the smallest businesses a chance to grow."
April 15, 2015
- FIELD discusses the financial capability outcomes of the Asset Building through Credit pilot in Next Billion.
September 9, 2014
- Joyce Klein featured in the HuffPost pondering the future of our financial services system in 2024.
July 2, 2014
- FIELD Director, Joyce Klein, featured in the Huffington Post discussing Good Jobs of Microbusiness.
March 26, 2014
- FIELD and the Capital One Foundation announce the 2014 class of ELM² Fellows.
January 23, 2014