New from FIELD
Prison to Proprietor: Entrepreneurship as a Re-Entry Strategy. FIELD and the Asset Funders Network release new brief examining the role of business ownership and entrepreneurship in helping formerly-incarcerated individuals navigate re-entry.
EntrepreneurTracker Client Outcomes Highlights. FIELD releases updated survey results on clients served by participating microenterprise development organizations (MDOs). Learn more about business and household outcomes of microenterprise clients.
Microbusiness Job Quality. FIELD releases updated study on microbusiness job quality. Learn more about the benefits of microbusiness, which extend beyond just creating jobs, to creating good quality jobs.
MicroTracker is a set of data tools and services services that empowers microenterprise development organizations to assess and improve their performance and communicate the value of their work to funders. MicroTracker also helps stakeholders understand the US microenterprise industry.
Data collection and analysis services
Nationwide data set
Borrowers’ Bill of Rights
The Small Business Borrowers’ Bill of Rights is the first-ever consensus on responsible small business lending practices. It outlines six key rights that the Responsible Business Lending Coalition believes all small business borrowers deserve.
Read more about FIELD’s involvement and “Why We Need a Small Business Borrowers’ Bill of Rights” in the Aspen Journal of Ideas.
- The Aspen Idea Blog explaining Why Business Ownership Matters in Closing the Racial Wealth Gap
November 10, 2015
- Aspen Journal of Ideas article explaining Why We Need a Small Business Borrower’s Bill of Rights
- FIELD Director, Joyce Klein, is featured in GARP Risk Intelligence discussing the Small Business Borrowers’ Bill of Rights.
August 21, 2015
- Small Business Advocates, Lenders & Online Credit Marketplaces Unveil Small Business Borrowers’ Bill of Rights
August 6, 2015
- Small business lender, LiftFund, is profiled on NerdWallet featuring FIELD data.
May 12, 2015
- FIELD statistics cited in New York Times article on microfinance titled "A Hand Up: In the U.S., microfinance gives the smallest businesses a chance to grow."
April 15, 2015