New from FIELD
Funder guide on Building Assets through Microbusiness. FIELD authored this guide for the Asset Funders Network. Learn how microenterprise development programs help individuals realize the promise of financial security, and how supporting this work can be a strategic investment in building assets.
Big Ideas for Job Creation: Beyond Public Stimulus. On Feb. 24th at the Aspen Institute held a forum discussing three innovative job creation ideas: employment social enterprises, impact investing in CDFIs, and leveraging anchor institutions. Watch the video.
Funding Business Development Services. Publication on strategies and practices for raising resources to fund microenterprise training and technical assistance.
MicroTracker.org, a website for the U.S. microenterprise field, helps programs, donors, researchers and media track the performance and client outcomes of microenterprise organizations nationwide.MicroTracker allows users to benchmark performance against key metrics for outreach, loan volume and quality, training and sustainability, and provides consulting services to help use data for program improvement.
Asset Building Pilot
FIELD releases its initial findings on the Asset Building through Credit Pilot. The first publication in this series covers lessons regarding the delivery of the secured credit card to build entrepreneurs’ credit.
- FIELD Director, Joyce Klein, featured in the Huffington Post discussing Good Jobs of Microbusiness.
March 26, 2014
- FIELD and the Capital One Foundation announce the 2014 class of ELM² Fellows.
January 23, 2014
- NY Times article on Microcredit for Americans cites FIELD research and director, Joyce Klein.
October 28, 2013
- FIELD Director quoted on Marketplace story covering the innovative work of Mission Asset Fund.
October 10, 2013
- FIELD cost per job data cited in Philadelphia Inquirer on issue of state and local corporate subsidy.
July 1, 2013
- ELM2 Fellow Jaime Beasley highlighted for his work with Latino entrepreneurs.
April 12, 2013